St. John Vianney Parish has a job opening for a part time Parish Secretary.
Our current parish secretary is planning to retire June 1, 2019, and we are seeking a highly qualified individual to provide office and administrative assistance to the parish. The job requires a person who strongly supports the mission of the Catholic Church, and is able to interact with a wide variety of people in a kind, cordial and welcoming manner. Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.
- typing, printing, and mailing our weekly parish bulletin,
- preparing ministry schedules,
- maintaining sacramental records,
- recording and scheduling Mass intentions,
- maintaining parish census and reports,
- recording collections and contributions,
- coordinating parish fundraisers and activities,
- processing payroll and invoice payments,
- preparing various financial statements,
- ordering parish supplies,
- helping with the parish website and social media,
- welcoming visitors and callers to the parish office,
- and other duties as necessary.
- Post secondary education
- Two years of experience in an office setting with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Practical experience with Accounting/Payroll software
- Excellent grammar, oral and written communication skills
- Punctuality and dependability to complete necessary tasks on time
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality, integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work required schedule hours
The successful applicant must satisfactorily complete background checks and training as required by the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown.
Please submit resumes no later than April 24, 2019.